Home About the APBA APBA Clubs & State Councils  How to get into racing APBA Calendar Deeds of Gifts for APBA Trophies Race Classes Photo Gallery Contact Us Links Download Forms News and Issues Key Contacts APBA Past Champions

Thank you John Bosher, Quinno’s Quick Snaps and Trent Duvall for the use of your awesome photos.

This site was last updated on the 9/8/20

APBA Calendar


Saturday 15th

Sunday 16th

Saturday 22nd


  Club Day  

San Souci, NSW  

Sunday 23rd


Club Day

Raymond Terrace

Saturday 29th

Sunday 30th


Club Day

 The Spit – Somerset Dam


Club Day



 Memo: COVID-19 and return to racing 3rd June 2020

All State Councils and Clubs,

Currently around the country we are seeing the easing of COVID-19 restrictions. However there are considerable variations in the regulations from State to State so that makes it difficult for the National APBA to issue a blanket policy regarding the return to racing.

In short, we cannot see any easy way for us to return to a normal season of racing at least until September, but this is still a moving target date. While-ever there are varying plans on lifting restrictions in each State and there is often a degree of uncertainty over how these regulations are interpreted then it will be necessary for any Club considering resumption of racing to make up individual proposals to Councils, Waterways and other State Authorities before seeking State and National approval to hold some form of boat racing or test and tune days.

Any resumption of racing before the restrictions are lifted uniformly and Australia wide and travel to any state is permitted then there is going to be no further Australian / Australasian Championships conducted, until further notice. Similarly this restriction must be placed on the organisation of any major meeting where interstate competition is encouraged and large numbers of spectators are anticipated.

This leaves us with club racing and test and tune days and the difficulty here is going to be social distancing, hygiene and sanitisation, and control of any spectators not directly involved. Already West Australia have an approval to conduct a club race day at Burswood, but this approval comes with many conditions and restrictions all of which are required to be put in place before they can get boats on the water. It is understood from the West Australian President that there is still a lot to be done and that one race meeting is unlikely to take place until July.

If any Club is considering running a club race day that is already on the calendar between now and September (or you are considering organising a day not listed) then we ask that you read the following two documents and then follow the guidelines and complete the check list in the sportaus.gov.au/return-to-sport (use Small Sporting Organisation). This should then help in putting a proposal to the local council, waterways and any other approval body. This then must be forwarded to your State Council & National for approval. National are also required to advise the Insurance company of any resumption of racing.



David Toyer

National APBA President

The National Executives

Australian Power Boat Association